HSE’s ‘Asbestos – Your Duty’ campaign targets those responsible for managing asbestos in buildings (dutyholders).
To support dutyholders, HSE recently updated its web pages for the duty to manage asbestos in buildings.
This includes guidance on:
- what the legal duty is and the steps required to comply with the law
- who the dutyholder is, depending on the type of building etc, and what they must do
- new templates of an asbestos management plan and an asbestos register with a site plan
- examples of how asbestos can be managed across different industries
The campaign provides dutyholders with a range of resources.
- download the asbestos management plan template and the asbestos register template for your buildings
- watch a video explaining the steps to the duty to manage asbestos in buildings
- download campaign assets to share on your channels
- answer a few simple questions to check if you have a legal duty to manage asbestos
HSE has also recently updated its asbestos webpages.
The updated webpages simplify the navigation as well as removing outdated content and replacing it with up-to-date, refreshed guidance.
This includes the following: