CIP is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CIP may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30/04/2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- International Transfers
We may transfer your information to countries outside of the European Union and Switzerland, including to the United States. To the extent we transfer your information outside of the European Union or Switzerland, that transfer is governed by an agreement incorporating the standard contractual clauses in accordance with Article 46 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “GDPR”).
Who collects and processes your personal information?
Who is KnowledgePoint?
Who is The Sage Group plc (SagePay)?
Orders submitted online via our website is collected and stored by CIP. This information is then securely transferred to KnowledgePoint Limited solely for fulfilment purposes.
The Sales CIP Line 0870 078 4400 is answered and operated by KnowledgePoint Limited and their customer care team. Orders placed via telephone is collected and processed by KnowledgePoint Limited solely for fulfilment purposes. This information is then securely transferred to CIP.
How does KnowledgePoint Limited use my information?
KnowledgePoint Limited processes your information solely to fulfil your CIP order. KnowledgePoint Limited will never market services directly to you, and will only contact you only to assist in fulfilment. For more information about how KnowledgePoint collects, uses, discloses and retains your personal information please visit www.knowledgepoint.co.uk/yourprivacy
CreditCard and PayPal Payments
To process credit card payments online and over the phone, we collect and provide your information to The Sage Group plc for the sole purposes of processing payment. For more information about how The Sage Group plc collects, uses, discloses and retains your personal information, please visit https://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/privacy-policy
Who is responsible for dealing with a request from you?
You have a right to:
- request access to or rectification of your personal data which we hold about you
- request erasure of your personal data
- request to restrict the processing of your personal data
- request a copy of your personal data that you have provided to us
- object to our processing of your personal data.
You have a right to submit any such request to The Sage Group plc, CIP or KnowledgePoint limited. The entity that you submit the request to shall be responsible for dealing with the request and responding to you.
If you submit a request to the relevant controller they will respond to you. However, to ensure your request is dealt with in full, you may wish to consider submitting your request in writing to C2 Eskdale Road, Winnersh Triangle, Wokingham, RG41 5TS or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we keep your data?
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is provided or because we are legally required to do so. In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data (Please contact the CIP team at email@example.com or by phone on +44 (0) 870 078 4400.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use “session” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to C2 Eskdale Road, Winnersh Triangle, Wokingham, RG41 5TS or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.