The HSE has published new health and safety statistics.
Published on 4 November 2020, the latest statistics on work-related health and safety in Great Britain include the following key annual figures (2019/20):
- 1.6 million working people suffering from work-related ill health
- 2,446 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2018)
- 111 workers killed at work
- 0.7 million injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 65,427 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 38.8 million working days lost due to work-related ill health and workplace injury
- £16.2 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2018/19)
Click here for the annual, infographic-style summary booklet.