Contractor Walden Builders Ltd has received a £42,000 fine after a worker suffered burns on-site.
The operative was burned by a heated sheet of tin after a fire broke out on a demolition site.
Leeds Magistrates’ Court heard how on 18 September 2018, the company was demolishing an outbuilding in Ripon. During the work, an excavator struck a wall containing a 415v cable, causing it to arc and ignite a fire.
Efforts to put out the fire included holding a sheet of tin to shield the surroundings.
The tin heated and dropped onto an individual who was working on the site, causing burn injuries to the scalp, arm and hands.