CIP has updated its Construction Health and Safety Manual and CIP Knowledge.
If you subscribe to the automatic amendment service, you will receive the updates by the end of June.
The June update includes a brand new section on the Building Safety Act that will be added to as the introduction of the secondary legislation supporting the Act starts to impact on the way construction health and safety is managed.
The two new sections are Building Safety Act and Supports and Fixings.
Supports and fixings are a critically important – but often overlooked – element of building design and installation.
Selection/specification and correct installation of the correct fixings into the appropriate element or substrate is fundamental for all permanent and temporary works to achieve the required integrity, strength, stability, and service life.
The latest updates include:
- Updates to the Register of Legislation
- New guidance on the use of Lithium Ion Batteries in E13 – Electricity
- New and revised guidance on Forward Tipping Dumper and Dump Trucks in D5-Mobile Plant and Work Equipment
- An update to Lorry Loaders, MEWP and the revised Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Notification Procedure for Cranes in E12- Lifting Equipment
- Revised Build UK Helmet Colour Standards in E17 – PPE
- NEW section F1 – Building Safety Act
- NEW section F2 Supports and Fixings.
To find out more or purchase a copy of the Construction Health and Safety Manual click here.