The CIP H&S Manual Updates amendment packs will be sent out to subscribers this month. The latest update to the CIP Construction Health and Safety Manual includes the following:
- Site Logistics and Planning – a new section on the use of mobile devices on site; new guidance on the role of the plant / vehicle marshals on site; an update to the CLOCs reference documents; and a new appendix containing all COVID 19 related information.
- New legislation in the Register of Legislation to prepare for BREXIT
- Asbestos – a new table summarising differences between Licensed work, Non-Licensed Work and Notifiable Non-Licensed Work, as well as a new table on Medicals, and a general update throughout.
- Mental Wellbeing – a new section on the organisational considerations when looking to build employees resilience to prevent and better manage mental ill-health.
- Work at Height – new guidance in Protection of Voids on the provision of access hatches.
- Excavation – a new section entitled Basement Construction.
- Welding and Cutting – a general update.
- Overhead and Underground Services – the inclusion of a new section on the use of technology to assist when working in the proximity of overhead lines.
- Specialist/Specific Processes, Risks and Components – a new section on the manual handling of plasterboard
The updates are all live on CIP Knowledge, the online Construction Health and Safety Manual.