CIP’s Construction Environmental Manual has just been updated, including the online service CIP Knowledge and the Hardcopy and CDROM. If you don’t already subscribe to the updates email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The latest updates include:
- A summary of the revised PAS 2080:2023.
- An updated Register of Legislation.
- A note is added on the mandatory requirement (in Wales & Scotland and expected shortly in England) for the use of SuDS for surface water discharge from development Various net-zero carbon building standards and an energy performance rating methodology are described.
- Further information on Clean Air Zones (CAZ) is added and the Appendix is updated to list those towns and cities in which a CAZ exists or is shortly to come into force.
- Information on the classification of wood waste and the conditions for the use of tyres in construction are added together with various minor updating amendments.
- The amended GBRs applicable to water discharge in Scotland are described in the Water section.
- The Global Reporting Initiative Standards mandatory from January 2023 for those using these standards are summarised and a note is added on the guidance and tools available relating to LCA for embodied energy.