Available in 3 formats, DVD, USB and Downloads
Whole-body vibration (WBV) is concerned with the transmission of vibration into the human body. This vibration normally, but not exclusively, comes from operating or riding within a self-propelled moving vehicle and acts upon the individual such that it contributes to, or creates, either physical and/or mental negative health.
This DVD provides a concise overview of current whole-body vibration knowledge combined with practical advice for meeting the requirements of the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005 regarding whole-body vibration.
Against this backdrop of increased WBV awareness and more recently, its ‘formalisation’ under the umbrella of UK workplace health and safety law, this Guide sets about explaining how these issues affect both employers and employees who are ‘associated’ with vibration-emitting plant and equipment. In particular, this includes the following topics:
- a description of WBV and the nature of its sources;
- an indication of the potential negative health effects from exposure to WBV;
- a discussion regarding other potential contributory sources of poor operator health;
- an overview of legislation relating to the subject; and
- practical guidance for assessing and minimising WBV risks.
This video when purchased also comes with an A4 trainers manual.