Available in 3 formats, DVD, USB and Downloads
Every year in the UK, on average, over thirty workers die and 1,500 suffer serious injury asa result of a fall from height in the workplace. Falls from height are the most commoncause of fatal injury to workers in this country and the second most common cause ofmajor injury to all employees. Ladder accidents are the major cause of these falls.
“Ladder Safety – The Essentials” addresses the essential aspects of ladder safety with tips drawn from a wide range of industries and wide variations of common ladder usage. Contrary to popular belief, ladder accidents don’t just occur in the construction industry, they all too frequently occur in occupations such as warehousing, window cleaning, maintenance activities and in many other working situations. It’s a fact that you are just as likely to experience a ladder accident at work even if you only occasionally use a ladder in our job than if you use one every day.
This video covers a wide range of ladder safety topics including:
- The types of ladders available e.g. single section, extension and step ladders
- Ladder materials, e.g. aluminium, timber and fibreglass ladders
- Classes of ladders and weight limits
- Assessing the job prior to using a ladder
- Preparation of ladders before each use
- Common ladder accessories
- Carrying, erecting and lowering ladders
- Climbing a Ladder
- Ladder inspection and tagging
- The proper storage of ladders
The guidance given is fully compliant with the latest UK “Work at Height Regulations”.
“Ladder Safety – The Essentials” is an essential addition to any safety training DVDS library.
Running Time 23 minutes