What is this standard about?
This is Part 2 of a five-part European standard on how to construct steel and aluminium structures. This part focuses on the technical requirements for steel structures while Part 3 deals with technical requirements for aluminium structures.
Who is this standard for?
The steel design markets and manufacturers of steel products including:
- Consulting and design engineers
- Product managers
- Commercial directors
- Steel producers
Why should you use this standard?
It specifies requirements for the execution of structural steelwork as structures or as manufactured components, produced from:
- Hot rolled, structural steel products up to and including grade S700
- Cold formed components and sheeting up to and including grade S700 (unless coming within the scope of prEN 1090-4)
- Hot finished or cold formed austenitic, austenitic-ferritic and ferritic stainless steel products
- Hot finished or cold formed structural hollow sections, including standard range and custom-made rolled products and hollow sections manufactured by welding
What’s changed since the last update?
The standard was systematically reviewed by technical experts to bring it up to date and in line with current industry practice and technology.