HSE has launched the first phase of a new building safety campaign, as well as a brand new campaign website.
The campaign aims to help and encourage everyone experiencing the impact of changes to building safety law to:
- Be ready – understand what is coming and how to prepare
- Step up – take ownership and manage risks
- Act now – comply with the new law.
The campaign’s first focus is on being ready for high-rise building registration. This is the first operational function of the Building Safety Regulator (BSR) to come into force under the Building Safety Act 2022.
The registration process is a crucial stage in setting up the new building safety regime. It will be a legal requirement to register buildings in scope will be a legal requirement.
Registration will open in April, and the HSE are encouraging people who own or manage high-rise residential buildings to be ready and prepare now:
- Visit the building safety campaign website
- Find out more in the building safety press release
- Sign up for information on high-rise building registration