The Construction Environmental Manual has been updated and the latest amendment includes the following updates:
- A summary of the Environment Act 2021 and an update on the current position relevant to the construction industry.
- Section 1 Environmental Management – now features the Considerate Constructors Scheme revised Code of Conduct
- Section 3 Legislation – includes a description of regulations requiring large companies and LLPs to include climate-related risks and opportunities within their strategic reports, and in Appendix 1 there are updates to the Statutory, Non-statutory and other guidance and standards
- Section 4 Design – additions made to the Circular Economy and Energy sections
- Section 8 Contaminated Land – updates to British Standards references
- Section 9 Materials – includes a description of London Energy Transformation Initiative (LETI)
- Section 10 Nuisance – includes the Considerate Constructors Scheme revised Code of Conduct and updates on vehicle charging zones in Central and Greater London
- Section 11 Waste – updates to Landfill Tax rates
- Section 12 Energy, Climate Change and Greenhouse Gas Mitigation – now features sections on Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards and Science Based Targets Initiative
- Section 17 Toolbox Talks – now includes a new Toolbox Talk, SO2 Site Logistics and the Community
- Section 19 Glossary – complete revision and updating
- Section 1 to Section 12 inclusive – minor updating of text and reference
To purchase a copy of the manual including all the latest updates, click here.
If you have a copy of the manual but don’t subscribe to the updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to sign up for the Automatic Amendment Subscription Service.
In fact, the manual is now available as an online service at www.cip-knowledge.com.
Plus, there are FREE one-month trials available.